Vegan Soya Mince Lasagne
Lasagna is a dish known worldwide and is a much-loved dinner in my family, so it seemed obvious that sooner or later, I would have to try making it vegan! I’ve also included the steps of how to easily make this dinner gluten-free too. So whether you’re vegan, dairy free, gluten free, egg free or nothing-free, you’ll love this vegan lasagna!
Working with vegan mince, especially the cheaper own brand frozen versions, means you have to add a lot of flavour yourself, which is why I add soy sauce when frying it off. I find it gives a great authentic taste. I reccomend serving this recipe with a fresh side salad.
Total Time: 1H 20M
- 250g mince made with soya
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 550ml / 2.25 cups soya milk
- 60g / 0.25 cups vegan margarine
- 75g / 0.5 cups plain flour (or gluten free plain flour)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g / 1 cup tomato paste
- vegan lasagna sheets (gluten free versions can be found in the 'free from' section of most supermarkets
- grated vegan cheese (to top, optional)
- Fry off your mince with your onion, soy sauce and garlic till browned, then add your oregano, tomato paste and tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate saucepan, on a low heat melt your margarine, then add your flour and mix well, let this cook for about a minute. Whisk in your soya milk and turn up to a medium heat. Continue to whisk constantly until it comes to the boil and begins to thicken, don’t stop whisking it otherwise your sauce might burn to the bottom of your pan. Once thickened, add some salt and pepper and your nutritional yeast, whisk in and remove from the heat.
- In a 8 x 5 inch ceramic dish, place a layer of the mince into the bottom of your dish, then do a layer of lasagna sheets. Then place a layer of your white beschmel sauce on top of that, followed by another layer of lasagna sheets, followed by more of the mince and then a final layer of lasagna sheets. Finally add the rest of your white sauce on top and add some grated cheese if you're using it.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180c until golden brown, allow to sit for a few minutes and serve!
What did you think?
We certainly didn’t miss the meat and cheese in this recipe. How did you find it compared? Did you do anything different to our recipe? We’d love for you to share your thoughts in the comments below and if you appreciated this post, please do give it a share!
If you liked this Soya Mince Lasagne Recipe, I have a sneaky feeling you might also like our Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe as well! Why not check it out and save the recipe for another time?