Vegan Soya Mince Lasagne
Lasagna is a dish known worldwide and is a much-loved dinner in my family, so it seemed obvious that sooner or later, I would have to try making it vegan! I’ve also included the steps of how to easily make this dinner gluten-free too. So whether you’re vegan, dairy free, gluten free, egg free or nothing-free, you’ll love this vegan lasagna!
This lasagna is lovely when served with a fresh side salad.
Total Time: 1H 20M
- 250g mince made with soya (I used tescos own brand, but beware that many companies sneak egg into theirs.)
- 550ml / 2.25 cups soya milk
- 60g / 0.25 cups vegan margarine
- 75g / 0.5 cups plain flour (or gluten free plain flour)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g / 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- vegan lasagna sheets (I used Waitrose gluten free lasagna sheets, as they were the only ones i could find that didn't contain egg.)
- 4 vegan cheese slices (I used vio-life original)
- STEP 1: Fry off your mince with your onion and your garlic then add your oregano, tomato paste and tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2: In a separate pan, on a low heat melt your margarine, then add your flour and mix well. Whisk in your soya milk and turn up to a medium heat. Continue to whisk constantly until it comes to the boil and begins to thicken, don’t stop whisking it otherwise your sauce might burn to the bottom of your pan. Once thickened, add some salt and pepper, whisk in and remove from the heat.
- STEP 3: In a 8 x 5 inch ceramic dish, pour in half your white sauce and then break up 2 of your ‘cheese’ slices and place these on top, then do a layer of lasagna sheets. Then place half your mince mix on top of that, followed by another layer of lasagna sheets, followed by the rest of your mince mix and then a final layer of lasagna sheets. Finally add the rest of your white sauce on top and break up your final two ‘cheese’ slices and place these over the top.
- STEP 4: Bake for 30-40 minutes at 180c until golden brown, allow to sit for a few minutes and serve!
What did you think?
We certainly didn’t miss the meat and cheese in this recipe. How did you find it compared? Did you do anything different to our recipe? We’d love for you to share your thoughts in the comments below and if you appreciated this post, please do give it a share!
If you liked this Soya Mince Lasagne Recipe, I have a sneaky feeling you might also like our Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe as well! Why not check it out and save the recipe for another time?