Wholesome, soft and packed full of delicious fresh blueberries, these blueberry muffins are the perfect morning or midday snack. You’ll love the flavours in these, the lemon works to bring the whole thing together into one of the best muffin recipes you’ll ever use! You can substitute the blueberries for raspberries if you prefer!
- 250ml / 1 cup Almond or Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 250g / 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of salt
- 170g / ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 125ml / ½ Cup Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 200g / 2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with cases.
- Mix together your soy milk and apple cider vinegar, then leave to one side to curdle.
- In a separate bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- In a third bowl, mix together your sunflower oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Add your soy milk mixture, then stir in your dry ingredients. Finally, fold in your blueberries.
- Spoon the mix into muffin cases, filling till about ¾ full. You can sprinkle a bit of sugar on top at this point if you want an extra little crunch! Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
How did it go? Let us know in the comments below!