I'd been avoiding making this one for a while, as I'm the only one in the house who likes banana cake, but I've recently discovered that if I make it, they'll eat it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 40 minutes
2 cups / 240g Plain Flour
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup / 128g Caster Sugar
1/4 cup / 85ml Coconut Oil
4 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 cup / 175g Dark Chocolate Chips
900g Baking Loaf Tin
- Preheat oven to 180c, grease and line your baking tin. In a large bowl, whisk together your sugar and coconut oil, then add your mashed banana, water and vanilla extract.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, then add this mix to your wet ingredients, mixing very little until just combined.
- Stir in your chocolate chips and then pour into your lined baking tray.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a cocktail stick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.